Now that Halloween has passed, the holiday seasons seems to come into full swing. Thanksgiving is only sixteen days away; Hanukkah, Christmas, and New Year’s follow that in short order. The preparations for the holiday season cover many aspects: planning holidays dinners, decorating our homes, scheduling holiday parties and visits.
During the holiday season, it seems that there is more visiting of friends. Whether you are the host or the guest, it always is nice to have a treat on hand. This week’s Best B&B Bite makes a fabulous go-to recipe for a tasty and simple treat. Provided by Andon-Reid Inn Bed and Breakfast, these bite-size desserts are sure to please.
- 1 roll(18oz) Pillsbury refrigerated peanut butter cookies
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 24 mini muffin cups with cooking spray. Cut cookie dough into 24 slices. Press each slice into bottom and up side of each mini muffin cup, forming 1/4 inch rim above top of cup.
- (Hint- Use the Pampered Chef Mini Tart Shaper). Bake 10-15 minutes and cool for 5 minutes.
- With Mini Tart Shaper, press dough down in center of each cup to make room for 2 tablespoons filling.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, melt white chips and 1/2 cup peanut butter over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Divide mixture evenly into cookie cups (about 1 tablespoon each).
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- In same 2-quart saucepan, melt chocolate chips and remaining 1/2 cup peanut butter over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Divide chocolate mixture evenly on top of peanut butter mixture in each cup (about 1 tablespoon each).
- Sprinkle chopped peanuts over top of each. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.