A trend has begun. This is another simple, yet tasty, recipe. Day 4’s recipe has 50% more ingredients than Day 3. However, if you remember Day 3’s recipe, it only had 2 ingredients, so this one is fairly easy on the shopping list.
Although this recipe only has 3 ingredients, it pleases my children every time I make these pretzels. The combination of salty pretzels and chocolate is addictive, and they often clamor for more.
While I made all of this batch with semi-sweet chocolate, white or milk chocolate can be used also. To make more festive snacks, the white chocolate pretzels can be sprinkled with red and green sugar for Christmas, red and blue sugar for the 4th of July, and so on. If you want to decorate the milk or semi-sweet chocolate covered pretzels, you should use small sprinkles, as the sugar isn’t visible.
For a sweet treat, that is quickly made and makes an excellent gift, give these pretzels a try.
To read the Day 3 recipe, click: Happy Blackberries.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. vegetable shortening
- 3-4 cups miniature pretzels
- Line baking sheet with waxed or parchment paper.
- Place chocolate chips and shortening in a large bowl. Microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes.
- Stir for 30 seconds. If all chocolate doesn’t melt, return to microwave for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add pretzels to melted chocolate, and toss.
- Using a fork, place individual pretzels on paper-lined baking tray.
- Refrigerate until chocolate hardens, and enjoy!