Happy Friday, all! I’ve decided to return a Friday column to Think Tasty after a little bit of a break. As you may have noticed (hopefully) last Friday, I shared a collection of recipes from the archives. To keep things interesting, I’ll be alternating that column with this weekly rundown. So, let’s get to this week’s updates.
I’ve been on the road a bit. I spent Saturday in Maryland. Then Sunday through Tuesday were spent in Tucson, and Wednesday through today were spent in Phoenix. During my stay in Tucson I took a very short hike and got to see some great views, included the one above.
For dining, I had a lot of good dishes while traveling this week:
- Saturday’s dinner- La Cuchara (Baltimore)
My favorite dish was a butternut squash entree, which I didn’t write down, and now they’ve updated the menu. Trust me, it was amazing!
- Monday’s lunch- El Charo (Tucson)
Carlotta’s Grilled Chicken Salad- 1. I love salad. 2. It had fresh mango.
- Monday’s dinner- Flying V Bar & Grill (Tucson)
The best part of the meal- the complimentary cornbread with chiles served with honey chile butter.
- Tuesday’s dinner- Arizona Wilderness Beer Garden (Phoenix)
Taco night- black bean, grilled chicken, and carnitas- all sorts of crazy yumminess going on.
- Thursday’s lunch- Culinary Dropout (Scottsdale)
Garden Kale Salad topped with chicken- Parsnips, sweet potato, asparagus, and kale in a salad? I was over the moon excited.
- Thursday’s dinner- The Arrogant Butcher (Phoenix)
Green Goddess Caesar & Butcher’s Meatball appetizer. I literally couldn’t finish the appetizer there was so much on it!
Back to homemade foods-
After writing about my own Cranberry Goat Cheese Spread on Wednesday, I decided to search the internet for other ideas. These four are my favorites!
- Fig and Goat Cheese Spread from Honeypie’s Recipes
- Apricot Honey Goat Cheese Spread from Coffee & Quinoa
- Goat Pimento Cheese Spread from The Southern Coterie
- Herb Goat and Cream Cheese Spread from EatGood4Life
Wishing you a delicious weekend!