With spring fully in season, I think about utilizing fruits in more of my dishes. There’s something about the chill of winter that makes me shy away from many fruit-based dishes. However, with longer days filled with sunshine and steadily increasing temperatures, the thought of a tropical salsa or a fruit salad becomes much more appealing.
Today’s Best B&B Bites recipe would be an excellent choice. Provided by Andon-Reid Inn Bed and Breakfast, located in Waynesville, North Carolina, this dessert provides a nice balance of sweetness and acidity. Complement that with the combination of a crisp crust and creamy filling, and you have a tart that will wow your senses.
- 2 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tb. grated lime zest
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg yolk
- ½ cup key lime juice
- 1 graham cracker crust, baked for 7 minutes
- Stir cream cheese, lime zest and a pinch of salt with rubber spatula until mixed together. Add sweetened condensed milk and whisk vigorously until there are no lumps of cream cheese. Whisk in egg yolk. Then add lime juice and whisk gently until incorporated. Mixture will thicken slightly.
- Pour into cooled crust and bake at 325 degrees until edges are beginning to pull away slightly from sides, 15-20 minutes. Cool till room temperature and cover with foil and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.