‘Tis the season for soup! As the temperatures drop, the need for hot dishes becomes top of mind for foodies far and wide. One of the best ways to turn up the heat is to head into the kitchen and cook up something that warms both the heart and soul. The innkeepers at Cedar Crest Lodge in Pleasanton, KS, a rustic retreat that features luxury accommodations, a full-service day spa, and 113 acres of gorgeous natural surroundings, have done just that with their enticing Italian Bean Soup. As they say…that’s amore. Mangia!
Italian Bean Soup
A hearty soup to warm you on a winter’s day
- 1 Tb. olive oil
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups fresh (or canned) tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups fresh (or frozen, thawed) cut green beans
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 15.5 oz can cannellini beans, rinsed, and drained
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- In a stockpot, heat oil over medium heat until hot.
- Add bell pepper, onion, and sauté 5 minutes over low-medium heat until translucent.
- Add garlic and continue cooking another 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, green beans, and broth. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until vegetables are just tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add in cannellini beans and fresh basil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Think Tasty https://thinktasty.com/